Top-level scientists are frequently asked to conduct interviews and engage with the press – to discuss their research with the media and public, representing their respective institutions, providing expert testimony, etc. This training will teach participants to better understand the way journalists think, in order to enhance success during interviews.
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2022
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. CET
Location: MPI-IS Stuttgart
Trainer: MPI-IS Public Relations Officer Linda Behringer
How should one behave professionally in front of the camera? How would you like to be perceived by the public? What do you want to say and what is allowed? And what is the best to wear? This training will address the questions above and also teach participants to better understand the way journalists think, in order to enhance success during interviews.This workshop will specifically focus on preparation for media conversations consisting of 1.) Content, 2.) Visual 3.) Delivery
• Understanding simple, complex, and provocative questions in discussions and interviews
• Learning to target your specific audience (e.g. learning to use direct, clear language instead of too much technical jargon)
• Optimizing facial expressions and gestures
• Profile sharpening and image branding
• Outfit rules, hairstyle, camera makeup
• Speech confidence, voice and emotion
• Respiration, stage fright, and inner balance
• "Stress test" in front of the camera and the microphone
Interested in participating? Simply register below.
With questions, please contact Sara Sorce (email@example.com) for assistance
Note* By registering for this workshop, you express your interest to participate. In the event that a workshop’s interest exceeds attendance capacity, registrations will undergo a review process considering multiple aspects such as motivation, interest, and fit. All registrants will be notified of selection outcomes before each respective workshop.
Photo credit: Adobe Stock / Lightfield Studios