Our application portal is now open! Apply to join our program and begin a Ph.D. with us in 2023!
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems and the Universities of Stuttgart and Tübingen collaborate to offer an interdisciplinary Ph.D. program, the International Max Planck Research School for Intelligent Systems (IMPRS-IS). IMPRS-IS will accept its seventh generation of Ph.D. students in spring of 2023. This school is a key element of Baden-Württemberg’s Cyber Valley initiative to accelerate basic research and commercial development in artificial intelligence and robotics.
You can find out more about our amazing faculty and associated faculty here: https://imprs.is.mpg.de/faculty
Intelligent systems that can successfully perceive, act, and learn in complex environments hold great potential for aiding society. We seek doctoral students who are curious, creative, and passionate about research to join our school and help advance human knowledge about intelligent systems.
• Admitted Ph.D. students can join our program starting in spring of 2023.
• You will be mentored by our internationally renowned faculty.
• You will conduct your research in either Stuttgart or Tübingen, Germany.
• IMPRS-IS offers a wide variety of scientific seminars, workshops, and social activities.
• All aspects of our program are in English.
• Your doctoral degree will be conferred when you successfully complete your Ph.D. project.
• Our dedicated staff members will assist you throughout your time as a doctoral student.
People with a strong academic background and a master’s degree (conferred or expected soon) in Engineering, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Mathematics, Control Theory, Neuroscience, Materials Science, Physics, or related fields should apply.
You can apply now from our application page https://imprs.is.mpg.de/application. The deadline to apply is is 11:59 p.m. (23:59) CET on November 1, 2022.
Finalists will be invited to selection interviews that will take place online from January 17 to January 20, 2023.