Effective communication with supervisors and teammates can be challenging at times. Everyone is faced with pressure, deadlines, and responsibilities. Mix these factors with different working styles, hierarchy, and multicultural working environments and becomes understandable that breakdowns in communication could occur. This training is designed to provide participants with effective communication strategies for successful interactions in these environments.
Dates: Thursday, Oct. 20 & Friday, Oct. 21, 2022
Day 1: 13:00 - 17:00
Day 2: 9:00 - 13:00
Location: Remote via Zoom
Trainer: Sabine Lerch
Key aspects of this workshop will focus on:
What - Topics Background and Principles of Communication
• Introduction of basic communication models
• Experiencing the difference of perception and reaction
Communication Matrix - Flexibility for more effectiveness with self and others
• Square of Communication: the 4 aspects of a message
• Non-verbal communication
• Questions and Active Listening
• Non-violent Communication
Conflicts - Risk vs. reward
• Conflict handling styles
• Win-win communication
Talking with Your Supervisor - Getting your point across
• Developing communication confidence
• Tactfully respecting hierarchy while still stating your point, goals, or expectations
Inter-cultural Communication - Knowing about the difference makes the difference
• Iceberg Model of Culture: norms, values and assumptions
• Dos and don’ts in Germany
Successful in Groups and Teams - The spirit of cooperation
• Team building
• Communication rules
• Moderation basics
• Decision making
Registration for this workshop is now closed. The workshop is full.
With questions, please contact Sara Sorce (email@example.com) for assistance.
Note* By registering for this workshop, you express your interest to participate. In the event that a workshop’s interest exceeds attendance capacity, registrations will undergo a review process considering multiple aspects such as motivation, interest, and fit. All registrants will be notified of selection outcomes before each respective workshop.